The SIB (Shallow Inset Base) is a load-bearing base designed to mount a 12” diameter inset fixture (11.25 dia. BC) into a taxiway or runway pavement location.
- Ductile Iron Material* - Crouse-Hinds recommends use with like-metals
- Tapered sides to resist heaving from the pavement
- Open bottom casting cavities which fill with the setting epoxy to eliminate torquing in the pavement
- Outer retaining ring prevents epoxy flowing into the base. Easy light fixture removal.
- Feed-thru entry version with watertight seals
- Secondary plug(s) inside the base for ease of maintenance with feed-thru entry versions
- Includes plywood cover used during installation process and re-usable mounting hardware
* Recommended for use with Ductile iron fixtures